Youtube has thankfully disentangled itself from Google+ which has massively simplified the process of setting up your very own youtube channel.
Even though you don’t need a Google+ account you will need a Gmail account to get started so if you haven’t got one of those set that up then we’ll get cracking.
- Open up youtube in your browser and if you’re not already signed in click the sign in button in the top right corner.
Once you’ve successfully signed in the button should change to a profile picture icon.
2. Click on the profile icon to open up the account menu
3. In the account menu click the cog settings icon to go to your account settings.
4. On the account settings page click on the Create a New Channel link to start the channel creation process.
5. When you create a new channel you can either use your default name (5a), or you can setup a custom name for your channel (5b).
5a. If you want to use your current name for your channel name then click Create Channel.
You can change your name on this screen but it will affect your other google accounts.
5b. If you want to create a separate name for you channel without it affecting your google account name, click the Use a business or other name link.
6. If you decided to create a custom name for your channel then you’ll be taken to a screen where you can setup your channel name. Enter your channel name in the box then click Create.
That’s it! You’re channel is setup and ready to go.
To check your channel setup click on the profile icon in the top right corner and choose Other account options.
It’ll take you to a screen where you can see your owner account, and all your youtube channels. You can also create new channels from this screen.
Now that your channels setup the next step is to start customising your channel.
If you run into any problems setting up your channel let me know in the comments and I’ll do my best to help you out.